Skip to content

Welcome to the OpenTravel Forum! more...

Appropriate set of messages for Hotel Upsells

This is a user-supported forum for companies, members and non-members, that are implementing the OpenTravel 1.0 schema.

Moderator: sangel

Appropriate set of messages for Hotel Upsells

by kristinroper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 am

Good afternoon all

I work for a hospitality solution company and have a new channel who would like us to be able to send them information for Upsells from our PMS (Property Management System for Hotels). Upsells are also referred to as extras/products/packages.

The concept is that it is an additional item that you can add to your reservation e.g. a bottle of champagne in the room, afternoon tea, flowers in the room etc. They are always additional charges to the booked room rate. Some of them are stock controlled (inventory controlled) and the upsells that send/return are controlled by the rate that is being booked.

The closest I can find for this purpose is the OTA_Pkg messages, but I am not sure those will give me what I need. I am happy with either direction, i.e. we send the messages to them, or they send the messages from us. I am not looking for an implementation for booking these, as these will be booked in the OTA_HotelResNotifRQ message. I just need to be able to send the details of the availabile upsells to the channel, and they will send the selected upsell in the reservation message as a Service.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Please let me know if more information is required.

Thank you

Kristin
kristinroper

Re: Appropriate set of messages for Hotel Upsells

by sangel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 am

Hi Kristin,

I believe there are several options to complete the task you describe, but I think the best option using the 1.0 Messaging is making use of the Services structure in the OTA_HotelAvailRS message here: OTA_HotelAvailRS/Services/Service annotated as: A Service object represents a non-room product provided to guests. Service products may have associated inventory and charges.

This structure allows you to specify the non-room product or service as well as specify the price associated with it.

Another and maybe better option is to use the 2.0 messaging. In the 2.0 object model there are products specifically defined as ancillaries that can be described in detail along with pricing that can be returned as an offer which indicates availability.

Take a look at these options and see if they will work for your needs.

Thanks,

Sandy
sangel

Return to Implementers Discussion 1.0

Go to Tnooz

Get Tnooz RSS Feeds